Wednesday, May 12, 2010

dragons, pools, and why? oh my...

I went away for a weeklong trip to California to see family and friends (4/29-5/5) and when I returned, not only did it seem like my son had grown a foot taller, but also that his conversation skills had increased by leaps and bounds. He asked me when we got in the car at the airport, "have fun mommy?". It made me laugh because I always ask him when I pick him up from daycare if he had fun that day.

I've started narrating any time we spend together because he pretty much spends most of our time asking "mommy, what doin?". So now I tell him about cooking, getting dressed, driving, how a car works, why we need gasoline, and why we don't need three boxes of cereal, etc. It can be a bit exhausting, but I dont use baby words, and do my best to explain everything as simply as possible. So if Leighton is that little know-it-all kid when he gets to kindergarten, I'm okay with that... and then we will work on humility, and not always having to be right.

His new favorite movie is Shrek and he LOVES the dragon. On several occasions while driving I have been informed that he just saw a dragon. His imagination is endless and I love it. :)

We went to the pool twice this weekend, and both times he spent the entire time jumping from the side into the pool. After catching him for the third/fourth time I decided to see what happens if he went all the way under... He survived, no coughing, no increased fear or anger, just a loud "cooooool!" He's a dare devil that one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home