Monday, July 05, 2010

catch-up

So I guess I haven't posted in a while, but that sure doesn't mean things haven't been changing on a daily basis with Leighton. He is very much a parrot nowadays and can and will pretty much state EXACTLY what you just said. Luckily it hasn't been a problem yet... no swear words or things a child of 2 shouldn't be saying. Obviously I try NOT to swear around him so I have taken to using words like "nuts, fudge, crumb" etc instead...The funniest thing he has said lately was when he spilled yogurt on the table. He said "OH NO... NUTS!" It was absolutely adorable and made me burst out laughing.

He also asks "what's that?" every time he hears any noise at all. Even if you just explained what the noise was, like fireworks. It is very cute but can be very tedious as well.

I am in the process of moving him from his crib to his big boy bed so that my brother Scott can have the crib for his daughter who is due in Sept. Leighton has already taken to meeting me at his door every time he gets up in the morning, or at nap time on weekends, so the crib is obviously NOT keeping him IN. At the moment he doesn't really get out of the crib until he is ready to get up for the day. He just sits behind the closed door trying to peek underneath or pushing his toy cars underneath the door and out into the hallway. Eventually I hear a "MOMMY!" and that means he is ready to come out. I just wonder how long it will take for him to STAY in bed once he no longer has the crib. The freedom is so tempting I'm sure...

Leighton is such a sweet little boy. Don't worry, I get plenty of pull my hair out moments too, but really, I have only had to put him in timeout a few times since he hit "the terrible twos". He knows exactly what timeout means and sometimes he even picks that punishment and puts himself in the corner, probably because he wants the quiet time.

Being a single parent can be difficult, mainly because you are always on call, but to be honest I wouldn't change a thing. All I know is that I love being a mom and I hope that someday I will be blessed with the opportunity to have more children in my life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home